MotoGP riders remain divided over whether the Qatar Grand Prix should proceed as planned, with growing concerns about the security situation in the Middle East putting the championship's decision under scrutiny.

With the race approaching in two weeks, several riders have expressed reservations about travelling to Qatar, although some are prepared to accept the decision if championship organisers can guarantee the safety of everyone involved.

Gresini Racing's Alex Marquez has been among the most outspoken, arguing that it is too early to make a final decision while the regional situation continues to evolve.

“Every day, the situation changes, and every day it looks worse, that's how it is,” Marquez said.

The Spaniard acknowledged the commercial importance of the race but insisted that financial considerations should not outweigh the well-being of riders, teams and other personnel working at the event.

“I'm aware there is a lot of money at stake, for sure, and it's logical that MotoGP wants that money, but we also have to think about everyone's health,” he added.

Marquez's comments reflect the difficult position facing MotoGP as it weighs the financial and logistical consequences of a potential cancellation against its responsibility to protect those involved in the championship.

Source: Crash.net

Jorge Martin, the current championship leader with Aprilia, has taken a more cautious but supportive stance towards the organisers. He expressed his desire to compete in Qatar, praising the circuit while placing his trust in the championship's leadership.

“I want to go to Qatar because the circuit is incredible, and I believe in the championship and in what those who manage it decide,” Martin said.

His position reflects the view of several riders who believe that if MotoGP approves the event, the decision should be based on assurances that adequate security measures are in place.

Marc Marquez has also maintained a diplomatic approach, avoiding strong public criticism of the championship's handling of the situation.

The debate is expected to come into sharper focus during the Australian Grand Prix weekend, when championship officials are scheduled to meet with riders to discuss their concerns and provide further information about the security arrangements for Qatar.

The meeting will be an important opportunity for competitors to seek clearer assurances before travelling to the region. However, the rapidly changing circumstances mean that the final decision may depend on how the situation develops in the coming days.

For MotoGP, the challenge is to balance the commercial demands of running a global championship with the responsibility of protecting its riders and workforce. While some competitors are willing to trust the organisers, Marquez's warning highlights the need for continued assessment rather than an early commitment.

Ultimately, the decision on whether the Qatar Grand Prix proceeds will depend on the organisers' assessment of the risks and their ability to ensure the safety of everyone involved.